At the outset.. বাট চ'ৰাতে

Welcome to my world..
I am not a writer nor a poet. Just trying to narrate some of my experiences .. I am usually comfortable in writing in Assamese, my mother tongue. Have written few blogs in English and have tried my hands in composing few poems in Hindi too.. My Hindi speaking friends may excuse me for my audacity to do so..

মোৰ জগতলৈ আদৰিছো...
কোনো কবি সাহিত্যিক মই নহয়, কিছুমান অভিজ্ঞতাৰ বৰ্ণনা মাথোন কৰিছো ইয়াত.. মাতৃভাষা অসমীয়াতে লিখি ভাল পাওঁ যদিও ইংৰাজীতো লিখিছো.. হিন্দী ভাষাতো দুটামান কবিতা লিখিবলৈ চেষ্টা কৰি চাইছো....

Translate

Thursday 13 December 2012

A win win situation?


Read this story somewhere and found it very interesting…

A devout old lady was asked by her young grand son,
“Grandma, you believe in Jesus Christ. Are you sure that he is going to save you? What if his promises turn out to be false?”

The old lady smiled and replied,
“I believe whatever Jesus says.
As far as your question is concerned, I see it this way:
If what Jesus has promised becomes true, I am going to be the gainer, since I have trusted in Him and I’ll be saved. And even if his promises turn out to be false, I have nothing to lose since I am leading a good life following Him and I’ll have no regrets.

But, my son, if what Jesus says is true, what will happen to you if you do not trust Him now?”

A very interesting logic indeed….. I have no idea what the young man did.

No comments:

Post a Comment