At the outset.. বাট চ'ৰাতে

Welcome to my world..
I am not a writer nor a poet. Just trying to narrate some of my experiences .. I am usually comfortable in writing in Assamese, my mother tongue. Have written few blogs in English and have tried my hands in composing few poems in Hindi too.. My Hindi speaking friends may excuse me for my audacity to do so..

মোৰ জগতলৈ আদৰিছো...
কোনো কবি সাহিত্যিক মই নহয়, কিছুমান অভিজ্ঞতাৰ বৰ্ণনা মাথোন কৰিছো ইয়াত.. মাতৃভাষা অসমীয়াতে লিখি ভাল পাওঁ যদিও ইংৰাজীতো লিখিছো.. হিন্দী ভাষাতো দুটামান কবিতা লিখিবলৈ চেষ্টা কৰি চাইছো....

Translate

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Forgive and forget...

Two words we come across very frequently. Both these words demand some conscious action.

It is said "To err is human." Human beings will err, someone will hurt us , knowingly or unknowingly, intentionally or unintentionally. Even our near and dear ones do that sometime.

We forgive our dear ones for such mistakes in most cases.

We are taught by religious books to forgive others. Forgiving means not holding grudge against the erring person. But, the real struggle starts when the question of forgetting the incident arises.

It is easy to say that we have forgiven so and so for his /her wrongdoings against us but it is difficult to forget the incident totally.

Sometimes, we remember the incident and take pride in the fact that in spite of the wrongdoing, we had forgiven a particular person.. so we are great..It pampers our ego.

That is why, true forgiveness demands forgetting of the whole episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment