At the outset.. বাট চ'ৰাতে

Welcome to my world..
I am not a writer nor a poet. Just trying to narrate some of my experiences .. I am usually comfortable in writing in Assamese, my mother tongue. Have written few blogs in English and have tried my hands in composing few poems in Hindi too.. My Hindi speaking friends may excuse me for my audacity to do so..

মোৰ জগতলৈ আদৰিছো...
কোনো কবি সাহিত্যিক মই নহয়, কিছুমান অভিজ্ঞতাৰ বৰ্ণনা মাথোন কৰিছো ইয়াত.. মাতৃভাষা অসমীয়াতে লিখি ভাল পাওঁ যদিও ইংৰাজীতো লিখিছো.. হিন্দী ভাষাতো দুটামান কবিতা লিখিবলৈ চেষ্টা কৰি চাইছো....

Translate

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Dousing the fire...


A driver was asked after he had won the best driver award in some competition,
“What is the secret of your success as a driver?”
He replied with a naughty smile,
“It is very simple. Consider all other drivers in the world to be insane while driving your car.”
Sounds too simplistic, but it carries lots of weight and meaning.

It is true, as some advertisement says, “The roads are full with idiots.” 

One will face the challenge to control one’s temper and patience while driving. But, we do not gain anything by losing our temper while driving.

Road rage is a common phenomenon in any country these days. Just a fit of anger can ruin our entire life.
Before I start driving my car, I tell myself, “You are going to control your temper. Do not come down to the level of the street fighters.”

After all, the way we drive, reflects our personality.

We may not have control over others and over some situations, but we can definitely control ourselves. It is easier said than done, though.

Here are some tips on driver courtesy from http://www.racv.com.au



Be courteous and share the road:

  • Allow other drivers to merge or change lanes easily.
  • Only use your horn as a warning sound and do not use it out of frustration.
  • Always try to stay relaxed and concentrate on your own driving and safety rather than the behaviour of others.
  • Don't gesture to other drivers or engage in arguments.
  • Be forgiving of other drivers’ mistakes.
  • Don't take your personal frustration out on the road.
  • Be aware of the needs of other drivers, and all other road users like pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists and heavy vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment