At the outset.. বাট চ'ৰাতে

Welcome to my world..
I am not a writer nor a poet. Just trying to narrate some of my experiences .. I am usually comfortable in writing in Assamese, my mother tongue. Have written few blogs in English and have tried my hands in composing few poems in Hindi too.. My Hindi speaking friends may excuse me for my audacity to do so..

মোৰ জগতলৈ আদৰিছো...
কোনো কবি সাহিত্যিক মই নহয়, কিছুমান অভিজ্ঞতাৰ বৰ্ণনা মাথোন কৰিছো ইয়াত.. মাতৃভাষা অসমীয়াতে লিখি ভাল পাওঁ যদিও ইংৰাজীতো লিখিছো.. হিন্দী ভাষাতো দুটামান কবিতা লিখিবলৈ চেষ্টা কৰি চাইছো....

Translate

Sunday 16 June 2013

Father to Father

No one trained me
How to be a father
No one does..
I know I am not best
Probably am worst
Than the rest..
My father did not
Live long..
Early life
To me
Became a sad song..
The values he taught
Still linger on
The memories of his
Worth a million..
But the best Father is HE
Whom we cannot see
Isn't it proper
To lead my child
To Him
The Father
We ought to be?
==============
---Dr M L Das. (16/6/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment