At the outset.. বাট চ'ৰাতে

Welcome to my world..
I am not a writer nor a poet. Just trying to narrate some of my experiences .. I am usually comfortable in writing in Assamese, my mother tongue. Have written few blogs in English and have tried my hands in composing few poems in Hindi too.. My Hindi speaking friends may excuse me for my audacity to do so..

মোৰ জগতলৈ আদৰিছো...
কোনো কবি সাহিত্যিক মই নহয়, কিছুমান অভিজ্ঞতাৰ বৰ্ণনা মাথোন কৰিছো ইয়াত.. মাতৃভাষা অসমীয়াতে লিখি ভাল পাওঁ যদিও ইংৰাজীতো লিখিছো.. হিন্দী ভাষাতো দুটামান কবিতা লিখিবলৈ চেষ্টা কৰি চাইছো....

Translate

Friday 25 October 2013

A Fake Profile..



A Fake Profile..



I received a friend request from a very decent looking person in face book. I do not accept requests easily. To me, the profile should have more than one picture, some convincing profile description and so on. In this case, I could not find anything suspicious initially and I accepted. 

The person (male or female I do not know) started chatting with me during day time, next day. One of his photographs showed him playing violin. I told him about my interest in music and asked him a few things about his interest in violin; he tried to avoid that topic and simply replied, “Music is my life.” He claimed himself to be a heart surgeon working in a very famous institution in New Delhi. I was highly impressed. I asked, whether I could see him over the cam. He replied that he did not have a came. That made me suspicious. I started going through his profile again, looking at the profile picture could not come to any conclusion.

Then I did a Google search with the key words “violinist of Delhi” but it did not show him among the results. My suspicion began to grow. I posted one of his pictures where he was shown playing a violin to a group with the caption: “Identify this famous violinist.” I expected a correct answer since that was a group of brilliant engineers. My suspicion was proved right after about an hour when a group member came with the right answer. The photograph was of a very famous Russian Violinist. 

And I blocked that fake person immediately.

Strange are the ways of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment